Thursday, April 02, 2009

Gadgets: Vuzix Video Glasses

During my flight home from Italy, in the pocket of the front chair I looked through the magazines and in one of them there was a description of a device that drove my attention. The device is a pair of glasses with the monitors inside. So, basically this is a replacement for TV. The idea is not that new and around 5 years ago I saw a similar device back in Lithuania. However, at that time, I was not impressed that much. The picture was not that clear and the device was quite bulky.

So, after several years, I think I am looking at a more improved device. I haven’t tried it yet but I definitely want to give it a shot. Besides the convenience of being small and being able to position yourself in any way while watching TV or playing games, the energy consumption and price of the devices play a great role. The glasses get adjusted for every person and every eye individually, so I am pretty sure the device will work for the most of people. Authors say it replaces approximately 62” TV and is 4 times cheaper than a medium quality TV of this size. I haven’t tried it yet, so I will not jump to the conclusions. I will go to home electronics exhibition this weekend and I really hope I will be able to try them there.


vuzix.com

I think the device has a great potential in bringing some competition to the TV market. Obviously, several people can watch TV but not the glasses. Well, time will show but I am excited about this product. I love technology!


[G]

No comments: