Thursday, May 15, 2008

Science: Large Hadron Collider

I saw it on Discovery channel one day. A huge group of scientists are building a tunnel where they want to accelerate the particles up to the speed that would produce something similar to a black hole. What kind of interest do I have in that, you would ask? Well, I read quite a few sci-fi books and seen quite a few movies (just like many of us) where people travel through outer space and have cars that, I could say, flying. Well, after reading so much so much fantasies, it is kinda shame that we still use gasoline to move on 4 rubber wheels and manage pollute the environment with that. I really hope that during my life there will be radical discoveries and there is something left to discover and ... yes I would like to travel to space and see the earth from the surface of the moon or something.

Anyways, here are the links to the websites dedicated to the "Large Hadron Collider" project:
Large Hadron Collider

[G]

No comments: