Thursday, January 11, 2007

Sweden: ComHem Fixed my Problem

A small update on my case with ComHem. I think that somebody from the company read my post :) and made the changes. The guy from the support called me and told that the modem that I have bought is not receiving the settings automatically and therefore it will not work at a full speed. Well, I explained to him that another support person told me that I can buy any "modern" modem and that it should work. Then he told that then it’s the fault of the company/support and that I was kinda fooled, therefore they will send a modem to us for free, which is very sweet. Well, it took some time to solve the problem but in the end it was solved. So, now I am pretty happy and maybe ComHem got me back as a customer. We will see.

What I learned from this is that the Cable Internet is much more complicated than ADSL and people shouldn't take chances buying their own cable modems from the different countries. One way to get a cheaper modem is to find a person who has been using the modem on the same system and wants to sell the modem.

Now, I just can't wait to get my 8mbps line up and running.


No comments: