Friday, December 01, 2006

Job: My First Week

At the end of my first week at work, as I expected I am starting to feel more and more comfortable about my job, sleep, trains and Sweden. Currently we are living 1.5 hours by train and metro to my place of work and that means that I have to wake up at 6 in the morning and I am getting home around 8 in the evening. However this will change right before the New Year. Around December 27 we will move to a place that is much closer to my work and where Marie is studying. For me it will be 15 minutes by bus to work. Marie will have to travel by metro to her university that will occupy no more than 30 minutes of her time, I hope. We are planning to take some pictures of our current apartment and that will hopefully happen this Saturday. I will post them this weekend together with some other pictures that we were taking before. From the January we are ordering cable internet that will be 8Mbps and after that we will seriously think about getting a second computer. It will probably be a second notebook for Marie and I will continue using the notebook that I brought from the States in 2002. It’s getting old but it suits everything but the development with Visual Studio. I will probably try to lease a good desktop by the summer but that will depend on quite a few things, since I haven’t got even my first wage yet :P .

As about my work, I do like it more and more every day (especially by the end of the week). People are friendly and are always ready to help you in any situation. We even have 2 foosball tables there, a coffee machine and some usual stuff like microwaves, fridges, coke machine, etc. I will ask if I can take pictures of the place as well. There are plans to have a “corporate” Christmas party on the 14th of December and I am really planning to participate there. It should be fun and help me to know the people better. Actually almost half of the employees in the company are employed for no longer than 6 months, so for quite a few of them who will enjoy this Christmas drinks and buffet for the fist time with the company as well.

Currently I am spending my time exploring the analysis software for the eye tracking system that will be released in a couple of months and I thing there are quite a few things that need to be done. As I mentioned before, I like the eye-tracking technology a lot and I think that the company is doing well in terms of promotion, sales and development. As you see, I am glad to be here.

This weekend we are also planning to explore some places where we can buy some electrical stuff, like cables, converters. We will do the groceries for the week as well. Then we might grab a couple of beers or a bottle of wine for the Saturday’s evening movie.

Back to work for now.

1 comment:

Andrej Gorbatniov said...

Sounds very good.

You are so excited with living in Sweden, so lots of people reading it could desired to move there ;)