Monday, November 27, 2006

Job: First Day at Tobii

I traveled to Sweden on Saturday and I took the ferry from Riga to Stockholm. Although it might be somehow cheaper to take a ferry from Riga than flying from Vilnius, only in the case of the extra luggage I would recommend taking a ferry. Flights are faster and more convenient but if you are going for the price on a ferry, get ready to sleep at some place close to the ferry engine or sit for the whole night.
Anyways, here I am in Sweden and this it my first day at Tobii. With all the excitement and belief in the technology, I must admit I underestimated the company. The market is expanding together with the sales and I am pretty sure that they know what they are doing. I got to know the people there better and some of them are pretty much rocket science people and I felt kind of “small” in comparison with them. Today I got to know what tools the company uses and how they actually work. I got a new computer and 19” LG LCD monitor. Then I installed the programs, configured outlook, and so on. Tomorrow I will learn more about the software and hardware that was developed and get to know the technology. The only thing that feels heavy on my shoulders is Swedish language. Although pretty much everyone speaks English in the country and company, I really hope I can get the basics of the language. It’s somehow hard to enjoy days like this, you know, when you don’t feel yourself confident about what you are doing. I know it will change and I really hope that I will enjoy my work at Tobii.

No comments: